Waterless baby wash and shampoo.
WHAT DOES IT DO?
Gently washes the baby’s skin and hair without drying out the skin.
How often do I need to use?
Whenever you give the baby a bath. Can be used daily.
Does it Smell?
There are no added fragrances. There is a natural smell of neem.
Is it safe for the baby?
Yes. We use whole, pure and safe plant-based ingredients that are gentle on baby’s sensitive skin.
If unsure about anything always check with your doctor before use.
What you see is what you get. We are 100% transparent. You know and understand exactly what you are putting on the skin. Fear no more.
ONLY 3 PURE INGREDIENTS:
1) Colloidal Oat: It absorbs quickly, locks in moisture and forms a protective barrier on baby’s skin. It improves and eases dry skin, diaper rashes and mild eczema. It is gentle, and perfect for baby’s sensitive skin. It was approved as a skin protectant by the FDA in 2003.
Sourced from: USA
2) Arrowroot Starch: It improves skin texture and curbs excessive oil production. It softens and rejuvenates the skin.
Sourced from: Thailand
3) Neem Powder: A great antiseptic, it is enriched with Vitamin E and immunity boosting properties that helps prevent itching. A common ingredient in Indian Ayurveda for baby products.
Sourced from: India
Why we don’t have soap/surfactant as an ingredient: Soaps are degreasers, but also remove moisturizing. Babies need to retain high level of moisturizing because their skin is thinner. For this reason, our wash&shampoo is formulated for what babies need.
Why a powder and no water? Water is 80%-90% of the formulation for many products. But, water rots and as a result preservatives have to be put in products to maintain the shelf-life. However, preservatives can irritate the skin. A baby’s skin is very delicate and sensitive, so using preservatives can agitate the baby’s skin. With no water and only pure plant-based ingredients, allows for the safest and best results.
How do 3 ingredients do all of this?
We invest in the quality of our ingredients. Why use 10+ ingredients when 3 superb ones do a better job.
All ingredients are 100% natural, plant-based, cruelty-free, vegan, gluten-free and non-gmo.
1) Pour a little powder into the cap of the bottle or use another bowl. Make sure to pour away from baby.
2)Add warm water in to mix with power to form a paste. You can use your clean finger or spoon.
3)Scoop the paste into the hand and gently rub on baby’s skin and hair.
4)Wash using warm water.
5)If using the cap of the bottle to make the paste, make sure to wash thoroughly and wipe dry.
See Video below.
Every mum wants to keep her baby safe. As someone who works in skincare, I am aware of ingredient-filled products. Unable to find simple and pure products for my little one, I made my own formula inspired by my Indian roots, to now share with all my fellow mommies.
Understanding baby skin 101:
- Babies have notoriously sensitive skin.
- This is because their skin is 20% thinner than adult skin.
- Since their skin is thin, it is easy for it skin to dry out easily or get rashes, eczema, acne and other skin ailments.
- Also because their skin is thin, it is so sensitive be extremely sensitive. So it is not just what ingredients that is important but also the number of ingredients.
- For this reason, it is critical to use products that have minimal ingredients. So if your baby has a reaction, it becomes extremely easy to identify the ingredient and stop using products that contain it.
Why do babies need to have a bath:
- While we are used to having a bath or shower daily, contrary to common belief babies do not need to have it daily.
- In fact 3-4 times a week is sufficient.
- Further, babies’ skin is 20% thinner than adult skin, and so can get easily dry. This is why it is important to use gentle, moisturizing ingredients. Products that use soap as an ingredient can dry out the skin, as soap can remove natural oils your skin produces.
- Feather & Bone uses moisturizing ingredients that retain the natural oils while cleansing the sweat and germs.
#skinconfident is not just about respecting our body and inner weird, but also the world we live in.
At Feather & Bone we are committed to respecting the most important natural resource Mother Earth has to offer: WATER
- NO water in manufacturing. In skincare products water can be up to 80%-90% of the formulation, and through the manufacturing process there is water wastage.
- Lower carbon emissions. Water is heavy to transport which requires more fuel resulting in increased carbon emissions to get the product to the customer. With ourproduct being waterless, our overall carbon footprint is much lower.
- Our ingredients are earth-friendly and directly derived from nature. As a result the product residue in wastewater does not harm the environment, aquatic plant and animal life. We were recognized for this by the United Nations.
- Since there is no water, there is NO additional carbon emissions, water wastage or product residue in wastewater, when the tubes are sent for recycling; the complete opposite for water based products.
Questions and answers of the customers
There are no questions yet. Be the first to ask a question about this product.